Is a Root Canal Treatment Necessary?
A root canal treatment is a procedure that can actually save a tooth. Our expert in endodontic therapy in Los Angeles may suggest a root canal if you have an infection inside the tooth, an abscessed tooth, a severely decayed tooth or a badly damaged tooth. Although you can choose not to have a root canal treatment, the consequences can be severe and can worsen the infection to the point of the loss of the tooth.
Symptoms that indicate the need for root canal treatment include:
• Throbbing pain that can range from slight to severe
• Pain that changes depending on your position
• Pain in response to hot or cold temperatures or to pressure
• Lingering pain
• Pain that is strong enough to disrupt your sleep
• Swelling in the face near the tooth
• Swelling in the gums near the tooth
• A change in bite
• A tooth that feels loose
• A bubble or swelling on the gum near the root of the tooth
We will explain the treatment and the steps that we will take to protect your dental health at your initial consultation. During the root canal treatment, we will work to ensure your comfort throughout the entire process and will not begin treatment until the affected tissues are completely numb. The final step is the restoration of the tooth, in which a crown is customized through bite impressions taken before the procedure. When you choose a root canal, you are choosing to protect the long-term function and use of the tooth. Call us today to learn more or to schedule your appointment with our expert in endodontic therapy in Los Angeles.
Back to Blog